Jul 13, 2010

A God who knows us............


Jeremiah 1:4 Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations"

This verse speaks about Jeremiah's call and commission as a prophet.
There are different arguments and theological stands exist regarding the issue of age of a person for God's blessings.....
Jeremiah was known by God before he formed in the womb of his mother...
Jeremiah was consecrated even before his birth.....
He was anointed and appointed as a prophet prior to his birth...

1 Don't underestimate God.......God makes a relationship with us prior to our 'history' in this world. We are known by God, we are created by God.....The depth of our relationship with God could not be measured because God made a relationship with us prior to our place in this history....

2.A Just God.....we are consecrated as children of God not because we are 'qualified' for that. God never discriminates people as we discriminates people on the basis of their colour, wealth, caste, religion, sex.......We all are consecrated by God to live in this world as the agents or communicators of God's message...message of love, peace, justice and so on but now we became the perpetrators of violence, hatred, injustice implicitly or explicitly. Remember we all are consecrated by our God.

3. Be Responsible to God and the people around.....God created us as responsible people.....responsible towards God and the people around us. Responsible living is a quality of a child of God......Remember our appointment order is signed by our God.......

Prayer: Lord you are my creator....Lord I acknowledge that you known me prior to my birth but I could not make a relationship with you after many years of my life in this world. Help me to lead a responsible life in this world...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment